The Next Commerce Accelerator is a seed investment fund and startup acceleration platform. Together with over 17 well-established corporates from the B2C and B2B trade industries, we support founders with their scalable business models.
Our approach as an accelerator and investor is service-oriented, providing full support through a proactive partnership, such as operational help in core business development tasks along with product and tech reviews to make startups successful.
We are looking for an Investment Analyst, who shares our love for business models and startups, who is enthusiastic about identifying and winning the best founders and who is keen to support amazing and inspiring teams from the very beginning of their journey.
The ideal background for this role are people with 2-3 years of work experience, a passion for numbers, and first footprints in the startup and investment ecosystem. This is a full-time position, based in Hamburg, Germany.
- Prioritize investment opportunities and support investment decision making
- Analyze and evaluate markets, competitive landscapes, and business models by conducting short reviews and reference calls, interviewing the founding teams and checking financial models in regards to investments
- Negotiate with prospective portfolio companies jointly with a managing partner
- Support portfolio companies in their need to develop business models, build a customer base, and grow the organization
- Engage with the tech and entrepreneurship community in Europe’s startup hubs, by making business trips to conferences, meetings, startup-events, etc.
- Take part in keeping our own investors informed by helping to prepare reportings for quarterly updates and our annual meeting
- Working directly with the two General Partners embedded in a small team
What you’ll get:
- Steep learning curve and significant exposure to the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Market know-how and industry insights
- Contacts to our corporate investors and partners
- Exposure to follow-on investors (business angels, VCs and strategic investors)
- Work with great founders
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive Salary
Here’s what we’d like you to bring to the table:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience with references
- First network in the European venture capital and entrepreneur community, preferably at the seed and series A/B stages
- Strong ability to carry out market analyses and review business cases
- Be able to run on your own, identify projects and prioritize without much guidance
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an overall positive attitude
- Fluent in English and at least basic skills in German
- Above average skills in spreadsheet calculations
- Bachelor or masters degree in business or technology related studies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
How To Apply
If you are interested in the position, we’d love to hear from you! Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A full CV
- 2-3 business-related references
- Your salary expectations
- Your earliest possible starting date